In 2013, with your help we are looking to go that step further for Fairtrade. We launched our 100% Fairtrade coffee and tea in 2006 and since the beginning of 2011 our hot chocolate is 100% Fairtrade-certified too. This Fairtrade Fortnight, we hope that you are just as pleased to to take a step for Fairtrade with us.
During Fairtrade Fortnight, February 25th-March 10th 2013, for the fourh consecutive year, we will donate 5 cents for every coffee, tea and hot chocolate sold.
Since 2010 we donate the funds raised during Fairtrade Fortnight directly to two nominated Insomnia Projects of theOromia Coffee Farmers Co-operative Union in Ethiopia, from where we source our high quality Ethiopian Sidamo coffee, which is used in Insomnia’s blend.
Fairtrade Fortnight Giveaway:
Win an Insomnia hamper, comprising of two Insomnia KeepCups, a bag of 100% Fairtrade certified Insomnia freshly roasted coffee beans, a bag of 100% Fairtrade certified Insomnia grounded coffee, a selection of muffins and a selection of Keogh’s crisps.
To be in with a chance of winning, click here and enter via our Facebook page NOW!
Insomnia’s two nominated projects:
1. Girls Empowerment in Schools
- To contribute in promoting the full growth and development of female students in all spheres of life.
- Gender equality programme were €3478 was donated to 4 girls clubs in August 2012.
- Provided 85 female inclusion kits comprising of scholl uniforms, shoes, stationary and toiletries.
- Contribute to improving the level of the quality of the education through establishing school libraries for accessing literature for educational and academic work throughout OCFCU high schools.
- Provided 4152 books and 30 Dell desk tops for four high schools.