Here at Insomnia, we’re proud to be an indigenous 100% Irish owned coffee company. It is part of our strategy and customer promise to source locally where possible. With this in mind we would like to introduce to our customers, one of our suppliers each week and give you the chance to recreate at home one of their scrumptious treats, available now as part of the new Autumn range.
This week we would like to introduce you to our sandwich suppliers, Around Noon, along with their delicious slow cooked pulled pork bap where we will give you the recipe to recreate this lunch time favourite at home.
Around Noon is an Irish family business founded on the Kitchen Table of the Family home. The business was founded by Sheila Chambers in 1989. Today the business retains it’s kitchen table approach to manufacturing by producing fresh sandwiches daily, using simple and fresh ingredients. The sandwiches are made on old-fashioned chopping boards and made entirely by hand. Around Noon are extremely proud of their fresh products and unique recipes.
Slow Cooked Pulled Pork, Spiced Red Apple Chutney & Red Apple Slaw Bap
What You Will Need
- Freshly baked Granary Roll
- 10 Hour slow cooked Pulled Pork with BBQ spices
- Homemade coleslaw Made with Real Mayonnaise, Cabbage, Carrots and chopped Red Apples
- Spiced Apple and cinnamon Chutney
- Crunchy Mixed Italian leaf Lettuce
Pulled Pork Recipe
- Shoulder of pork
- Smoked Paprika
- Dried Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Fennel seeds
- Make a rub from all the dry ingredients and rub all over the Pork Shoulder (Marinate for 12 hours)
- Add pork to a deep oven dish.
- Add two pints of water to the tray, add chopped tomatoes and cover with foil.
- Cook for 6-8 hours at 120º making sure to baste the pork every hour.
- Remove the foil and pour off the stock into a large pan.
- Finish the pork with adding more sugar on top of the meat and returning to the oven for 30-45 mins at 160ºc
- Reduce the stock in the pan until it starts to thicken. This is the BBQ sauce that will be added to the pork.
- Remove pork from the oven and allow it to rest for 20 mins
- Pull the pork apart using large forks pulling away from each other
- Pour over the BBQ sauce, and let stand for 30 mins before chilling.
- Cut the Granary Roll in half
- Spread the bottom half with Spiced Apple Chutney
- Add a generous serving of the Pulled BBQ Pork
- Roughly chop the lettuce and add on top of the Pork
- Add a serving of the Homemade Apple Coleslaw
- Add the Top half of the granary roll
Latest Insomnia News
Insomnia’s Christmas Festive Treats Tasting Event
It’s starting to look a lot ...
Win A Trip To The London Premiere Of Anchorman 2 With Insomnia!
Insomnia, in association with Paramount Pictures are proud to finally ...
Order In The Court! Insomnia @ Stephens Green Food Court!
We are pleased to announce that we have opened ...