Each new year, after the festive season we tend to have a more health conscious attitude, and here at Insomnia we want to help! This season we will be introducing our customers to Matcha Green Tea Latte and outlining its benefits, to which there are plenty! Insomnia will be one of the first coffee outlets to offer this metabolism-enhancing, stress-reducing, immune-boosting, cholesterol-lowering cup of green deliciousness.
Fit To A Tea
Insomnia are proud to be one of the first coffee outlets in Ireland to be offering its customers Matcha Green Tea Latte. As mentioned above there are several health benefits to drinking this tea, not least the antioxidant content. One cup of Matcha Green tea has as many antioxidants as 10 cups of regular tea, 6 times that of Goji Berries, 7 times that of dark chocolate, 17 times that of wild blueberries and a staggering 60 times that of Spinach. And thats not all, Matcha’s magnificence makes a long list of benefits:
- Heart Disease Prevention: A lot of research on Matcha Green Tea has indicated that drinking this super drink can decrease the risk of heart disease. This is down to its ability to lower harmful blood cholesterol, LDL levels. The flavonoids in green tea can also relax the blood vessels so blood can flow more easily, thus lowering the risk of heart attacks.
- Weight Loss: Green tea has been shown to help with weight loss due to its fat oxidation properties. Some studies have shown that green tea’s polyphenols help increase metabolism and therefore help with fat loss.
- Detoxifier: Matcha tea is grown in the shade, unlike other green tea’s this allows Matcha to be richer in chlorophyll. Chlorophyll helps detoxify the body because it helps shed the body of toxins and waste.
- Anti-Ager: Green tea’s powerful antioxidants protect the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals, which helps prevent wrinkles and aging of the skin. Matcha Green Tea is the most popular green tea in Japan, a country with one of the longest life expectancies in the world, this green tea is rapidly gaining more popularity throughout the world because of its ability to combat inflammation, oxidation and aging.
- Mind Improver: Matcha green tea latte contains an amino acid L-theanine, in fact it contains 5 times more L-theanine than normal green tea, and why is this a good thing you ask? Well, L-theanine helps decrease stress and anxiety, keeping your mind sharp.
- Energy Booster: Try a cup of Matcha Green Tea Latte as an afternoon ‘pick me up’ anytime you need extra focus. Although Matcha does contain some caffeine, the calming properties of L-theanine counterbalance the ‘jittery’ effects you may get with coffee. For this reason Matcha has been used by Buddhist monks to help then focus during meditation. It helps with energy while offering a calming and relaxed feeling.
- Immunity Booster: With all the powerful antioxidants, green tea is an overall great immune booster, keeping your body strong and helping to reduce the chances of catching the everyday cold.
These are just some of the major benefits provided by drinking Matcha green tea latte, and with January being a month full of good intentions we would strongly suggest you give this super drink a try and see for yourself the amazing benefits it offers. Matcha green tea latte is available now in all Insomnia stores, apart of our new New Year range.
Latest Insomnia News
Wrapping Up the New Food For Life Range!
Since the debut of Insomnia's brand new Food for Life range we have been laying out all the details of how ...
Off & Running At Tattersalls
We’re delighted to announce the opening of our ...
Keywest & Insomnia Rock in Spar Lower Abbey Street
Keywest were enjoying the local Insomnia at Spar Lower Abbey Street today, and helped kick off the official opening of the new ...