Insomnia Limited of 1st Floor, Cunningham House, Francis Street, Dublin 8, (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Statement
- Insomnia Coffee mobile application software (the “App”) available on our website, the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (the “Device”).
- Any of the services accessible through the App (the “Services”) that are available on the App Site or other sites of ours (the Services Sites”), unless stated otherwise.
- This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
Acceptance of Privacy Statement
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 to 2003, (the “Acts”), the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and any national implementing legislation (the” Applicable Data Protection Legislation”).the Data Controller is Insomnia Limited of 1st Floor, Cunningham House, Francis Street, Dublin 8.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us (the “Submitted Information”): You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Our Sites, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App Site, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, share data via an App's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any of our Sites. The information you give us may include your full name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, date of birth, username, password, Insomnia card or key fob number and PIN. If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information We collect about you and your Device. Each time you visit one of our Sites or use our App We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, (the “Device Information”);
- details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access using Flurry Analytics and Google Analytics (“Log Information”);
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. This information will only be used if you have authorised location services in the “Settings” menu of your Device. If you do not wish to use the particular feature, please disable the location services in the “Settings” menu of your Device.
- when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us
- Information We receive from other sources (the “Third Party Information”). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. In all such instances we will ensure that we process your information in accordance with the Applicable Data Protection Legislation.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer in store which we believe may be of interest to you We feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, We will contact you by electronic means only if you have opted in and given us your consent for this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please do not tick the relevant boxes situated on the form on which We collect your data (the registration form);
- to notify you of any promotional offers or deals in store;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information We collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information We receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries namely Insomnia Coffee Ltd, Insomnia Limited, Redcoral Limited, Insomnia Alliance Limited, Insomnia Franchise Limited, Insomnia Coffee Limited, Insomnia Cafes UK Limited, Insomnia Coffee House UK Limited, Insomnia Alliance UK Limited.
We may share your information with selected third parties (“Data Processors”) including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
In all such instances we will ensure that your information is given the appropriate level of data protection under the Applicable Data Protection Legislation and that such data processors are subject to a contractual arrangement ensuring that your information is protected. They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them. We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- in order to enforce or apply the Insomnia Loyalty Scheme Terms and Conditions and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- in order to protect the rights, property or safety of Insomnia Limited our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you is not generally transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In the case that Insomnia needs to transfer such data outside the EEA it will ensure that an adequate level of data protection in that country exists that is no less protective than that which is provided in Ireland.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or username that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password and username confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage and other technology.
We will always ask for your permission if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can signify your consent to this by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
If you would like to request access to your information or ask that we amend your information or seek an erasure of your information please contact the Information Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org setting out as much detail as possible.
If you have consented to the use of your information you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
We hope you are happy with how we use your information but if you are not you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at email@example.com.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Address: Insomnia Limited, 1st Floor, Cunningham House, Francis St, Dublin 8