Insomnia Limited of 1st Floor, Cunningham House, Francis Street, Dublin 8, (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Insomnia Coffee mobile application software (the “App”) available on our website, the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store (App Site), once you have downloaded or viewed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (the “Device”).
Any of the services accessible through the App (the “Services”) that are available on the App Site or other sites of ours (the Services Sites”), unless stated otherwise.
This statement sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 to 2003, (the “Acts”), the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and any national implementing legislation (the” Applicable Data Protection Legislation”). The Data Controller is Insomnia Limited of 1st Floor, Cunningham House, Francis Street, Dublin 8.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries namely Insomnia Coffee Ltd, Insomnia Limited, Redcoral Limited, Insomnia Alliance Limited,Insomnia Franchise Limited, Insomnia Coffee Limited, Insomnia Cafes UK Limited, Insomnia Coffee House UK Limited, Insomnia Alliance UK Limited.
We may share your information with selected third parties (“Data Processors”) including:
In all such instances we will ensure that your information is given the appropriate level of data protection under the Applicable Data Protection Legislation and that such data processors are subject to a contractual arrangement ensuring that your information is protected. They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them. We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
The data that we collect from you is not generally transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In the case that Insomnia needs to transfer such data outside the EEA it will ensure that an adequate level of data protection in that country exists that is no less protective than that which is provided in Ireland.
Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or username that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password and username confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage and other technology.
We will always ask for your permission if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can signify your consent to this by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You have the right to object to your data being processed for direct marketing purposes, (including profiling to the extent that it relates to such direct marketing). To exercise that right you may contact the Information Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
If you are a member of our Treats loyalty programme, we will use your personal data to analyse buying patterns and to send you offers based on your geographic location (based on the information provided by you on registration).
If you would like to request access to your information or ask that we amend your information or seek an erasure of your information or object to any processing please contact the Information Officer email@example.com setting out as much detail as possible.
If you have consented to the use of your information you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
We hope you are happy with how we use your information but if you are not you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Insomnia Limited, 1st Floor, Cunningham House, Francis St, Dublin 8
While using our service, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
When you create an Account with us, you provide us with personal information that includes:
• Your Name
• Your Email ID
• Contact Number
Even if you aren’t logged in to your Account, you might choose to provide us with information — like an email address to receive updates about our services. For example: If you place any order as a guest, you’ll still receive the updates regarding your order in email ID that you had provided during checkout.
Every time you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
Every time you use our service and your device contacts our servers, we are collecting information about the browser type, device type, operating system, IP address, the date and time, which helps us provide you better and improved services.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
• “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
• “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
• “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We collect information about your location when you use our services, which helps us offer features like:
• Delivery of products to your location.
• Suggesting nearest outlets in case you want to pick up your order or if you want to dine in at nearest outlet.
• Suggesting/ offering you to order from us in case you are nearby any of our outlets.
Your location can be determined with varying degrees of accuracy by:
• IP address
• Delivery address that you provide by filling out address form while placing a delivery order.
• Billing address that you might provide while placing any order.
We collect information about your orders when you place any order by using our services, information collected includes:
• Every product that you order
• Product quantities
• Order amounts
• Date, day and time of every order
Information collected helps us offer features like:
• Determining your favourite products and accordingly offering you deals.
• Determining when you are most likely to order and reminding you in case you forget.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
• Communicate with you;
• Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
• When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
• Solving issues, if you had to face any on your device when you ordered last time.
• Delivering products to your location.
• Emailing you updates regarding your orders.
• Determining your favourite products and accordingly offering you deals.
• Determining the business busy times.
• Emailing you newsletters and latest updates regarding our services, only if you opted for it.
• We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site, you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under Data Protection Legislation and we, as Data Controller in respect of Your Data, will comply with such rights in respect of Your Data:
• the right of access to Personal Data relating to you;
• the right to correct any mistakes in your Personal Data;
• the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing;
• the right to have your Personal Data ported to another data controller by requesting to export the data from our database;
• the right to erasure; and
• the right to complain to the DPC if you believe we have not handled your Personal Data in accordance with Data Protection Legislation
When you’re signed in, you can always review, update, edit, export and delete your information by visiting the ‘My Profile’ page.
If you have any comments, concerns or complaints about our use of your Personal Data, please contact us. We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex or cumbersome, in which case we will respond within three months (we will inform you within the first month if it will take longer than one month for us to respond). Where a response is required from us within a particular time period pursuant to Data Protection Legislation, we will respond within that time period.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, the United States.