11 May2020 Customer Announcement
Since our store closures in March, we have been working hard on developing new systems and procedures to allow us to operate our stores safely with all the necessary Covid- 19 health and safety protocols in place.
We re-opened trial stores to begin with, operating a Takeaway service. We are confident that we have a system that works well in the new normalities that our current environment of social distancing will entail over the coming months.
Our re-opened stores will be offering a limited takeaway menu of coffees and some baked treats with restricted opening hours.
We are re-opening a limited number of stores in a slow, controlled and safe manner, and operating in line with current Government & HSE advice and guidelines at all times. Our continued focus is on the health and wellbeing of our team members, customers and communities, for that reason we have also enlisted the support of an external auditor to assess our safety measures.
You can find information on our re-opened stores on our website, under the Store List on the "Find Your Insomnia" page here.
Some of the new procedures we have put in place are:
- We are operating a Takeaway service only
- Customers will queue inside and outside the store at two metres apart from each other, with clear markings for queuing
- Some stores will operate a hatch service from a window
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance
- Customer flow into the store will be restricted
- Floor markings are in the store for customers to follow
- Protective Perspex screens have been fitted to the till counter and pickup area
- Contactless payments will only be accepted
- Dedicated workspaces for team members
- Gloves and protective face masks are available for team members
- Extra training for our team members on all new health and safety procedures
- Intensified cleaning and disinfection procedures in place for equipment, premises, contact surfaces and touch points.
Over the coming weeks we will be introducing a new “Click and Collect” service whereby customers can order and pay for their coffee on our app and collect in store. This will have its own dedicated queuing system and pickup points.
We thank our customers for their continued patience, loyalty and support over this very difficult period.
As always, our team members have been fantastic and have so quickly adapted to these new measures we have put in place to keep everyone safe.