06 Apr2020 Porridge Bread Recipe
Plenty of time to kill? Let's get baking!
What better to set you up for the day than a delicous and nutritious slice of our Porridge Bread... right from the comfort of your own home! Our Porridge Bread is freshly baked by Sweet Things bakery, established by husband and wife team, Ciara and Ian. Happy baking. #InsomniaAtHome
- 500g Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- 50ml milk
- 360g Porridge Oats
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cp of raisins
- 1/2 cup of mixed seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a standard loaf tin.
2. Mix the yoghurt, milk, egg and bicarbonate of soda in a mixing bowl.
3. Add in the oats, salt, raisins and mixed seeds (Keep some for the top)
4. Transfer the mixture to the tin. Sprinkle the leftover mixed seeds on top
5. Place the tin in the oven and bake for around 50-55 minutes. Insert a skewer into the bread and if it comes out clean then it done!
6. Transfer loaf to wire rack and allow to cool.