Introducing the tea, that plays by coffee’s rules! This New Year, as part of our latest range, we’ve introduced a new beverage called Rooibos Red Espresso. Rooibos Red Espresso is crammed with more health benefits than you can imagine, it is not only good for you, but taste delicious too.
Our Rooibos Red comes in two varieties, served as either a latte or cappuccino, it has a unique, naturally sweet and earthy taste. It is naturally caffeine-free and packed full of antioxidants.
So, you’re probably wondering, ‘what is Rooibos?’ Well, we have the answer to your queries right here;
What is Rooibos?
- South African herbal tea pronounced ‘roy-boss’ and meaning ‘red bush’ in Afrikaans
- A plant [Aspalathus linearis] that grows only in the Cederberg Mountains in South Africa’s Western Cape, and nowhere else in the world
- Healthy naturally caffeine-free and rich in antioxidants
- Delicious, it has a unique, naturally sweet and earthy taste”
Red Espresso is:
- 100% rooibos tea
- Naturally caffeine-free
- Loaded with antioxidants
- 1 shot = 5 cups of green tea/10 cups of rooibos tea
- Versatile makes a range of healthy drinks, including our Rooibos Red Latte & Rooibos Red Cappuccino
- A World First innovation
- A global award winner
Better Off Red!
As everyone is all too aware, Christmas can take its toll, and we all tend to make a conscious effort to get back into some better habits in the New Year. If this sounds like something you can relate with and are currently in the process of altering your eating a drinking habits to some healthier alternatives, after the silly season, well Rooibos Red Espresso is a great place to start, as it not only tastes yum, there is also many health benefits to introducing it in your diet.
Rooibos is completely pure and natural as it contains no additives, preservatives or colourants. Rooibos contains antioxidants that fight free radicals (a by-product of normal cell function), which weaken the body’s natural defences and lead to ageing, the declining of the immune system and the onset of a wide variety of diseases.
The unique antioxidants in Rooibos are known to have the following beneficial effects:
- It helps soothe headaches.
- It has a relaxing effect of the central nervous system.
- It has antispasmodic properties and alleviates insomnia and irritability.
- It helps to boost the immune system.
- It acts as a digestive aid.
- It helps with the relief of stomach cramps, ulcers, nausea, heartburn and constipation.
- It has antiallergenic and anti-asthmatic properties. It is believed to be helpful in the management of hay fever and eczema.
- It contains no oxalic acid (a toxic acid found in certain plants) and is therefore a good choice for those prone to kidney stones.
- It has low tannin content, so is not bitter-tasting like other teas. It also means that absorption of iron and proteins into the body is less affected, making it particularly good for pregnant women and people who are anaemic.
- It is inherently sweet, low in calories, and can be enjoyed without sugar – making it an ideal choice for diabetics or people on calorie-restricted diets.
- It is non-diuretic, i.e. a fluid replacement, so there is no limit on how much you can have in a day.
The only thing left for you to do, is call into your nearest Insomnia, and try it for yourselves!
For more info and to see the full range of product offerings, check out the Red Espresso website for more details