We have teamed up with Natural Born Feeder (Roz Purcell) to create a recipe that would tie with our new Voyager Coffee. We've asked Roz to create a guilt free snack matching with the flavours of our new coffee itself.
Roz used to live in Colombia (from where our new Single Origin Medium roast coffee is) and one of her favourite treats over there was a "Cocada", so she taught about making a traditional Colombian treat with a Natural Born Feeder twist to match our Voyager Colombian coffee.
The Chocolate Dipped Cocadas are available in Insomnia stores National wide, and if you want to make them at home, it's an easy enough recipe:
- 250g desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs whisked with a fork
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. honey
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 70g dark chocolate melted
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix together well until all the coconut has turned into a chocolatey colour.
- Taking sections using your hands or a spoon, shape into balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (16 minutes usually) until golden and crispy around the edges.
- Drizzle in the melted chocolate and set aside (or to the fridge) to harden up.
Make sure when you go try it at your local Insomnia and let us know what you think!