05 Jan2017 New Year, New Range
The Christmas period has bid us farewell for another year, but fear not as Insomnia have a brand new range for you to start 2017 off the right way, we have introduced some new tasty treats and brought back some of your old favourites that are sure to tempt your taste buds. Our new range is available in-store now so why not brush away those January blues with a guilt free delight or kick start your day with our antioxidant enriched Rooibos Red Espresso or Matcha products.
Better off Red
What is Rooibos we hear you ask? Rooibos is completely pure and natural as it contains no additives, preservatives or colourants. Rooibos contains antioxidants that fight free radicals (a by-product of normal cell function), which weaken the body’s natural defences and lead to ageing, the declining of the immune system and the onset of a wide variety of diseases.
The unique antioxidants in Rooibos are known to have the following beneficial effects:
- It helps soothe headaches.
- It has a relaxing effect of the central nervous system.
- It has antispasmodic properties and alleviates insomnia and irritability.
- It helps to boost the immune system.
- It acts as a digestive aid.
- It helps with the relief of stomach cramps, ulcers, nausea, heartburn and constipation.
- It has antiallergenic and anti-asthmatic properties. It is believed to be helpful in the management of hay fever and eczema.
- It contains no oxalic acid (a toxic acid found in certain plants) and is therefore a good choice for those prone to kidney stones.
- It has low tannin content, so is not bitter-tasting like other teas. It also means that absorption of iron and proteins into the body is less affected, making it particularly good for pregnant women and people who are anaemic.
- It is inherently sweet, low in calories, and can be enjoyed without sugar – making it an ideal choice for diabetics or people on calorie-restricted diets.
- It is non-diuretic, i.e. a fluid replacement, so there is no limit on how much you can have in a day.
The Power of Matcha
Once again this year we are trying to inform all of our customers of the metabolism-enhancing, stress-reducing, immune-boosting, cholesterol-lowering, cancer fighter, which is of course, Matcha. Insomnia were one of the first coffee shops in Ireland to introduce Matcha and year on year we see it become more and more popular. Some of the benefits of Matcha you can find below:
- Cancer preventer
- Lowers "bad" Cholesterol
- Weight loss
- Mind improver
- Energy enhancer
As part of our New Year range, we are encouraging people to try for themselves the powers of Matcha, with two options available; Vanilla Matcha Latte and Matcha Porridge.
Our new range also sees the return of our Organic Chumnee Lemon Green Tea, which also brings with it many health benefits, which include healthier skin, weight loss, and crammed full of antioxidants.
The Most Important Meal of the Day
Be sure to start your day the best way possible, with a Vanilla Matcha Latte and bowl of Matcha Porridge. Likewise, you can have our standard bowl of porridge for just €1.95 with a number of delicious toppings to choose from; fresh fruit pieces, juicy raisins, honey, cinnamon, granola & fruit yogurt, chia seeds, Mileeven Blueberry Honey or chocolate drops.
The countdown to the New Year has arrived and with it so have many good intentions for the coming months and Insomnia want to help. We’ve added two new bakery products, the ‘Pecan, Date, Oat & Maple Slice’, as well as our ‘Popcorn Slice’, all coming in under 280 calories, allowing you to add a little indulgence with your coffee without all the unordered guilt.
Winter is coming…seemingly, with this winter yet to dish out any really cold weather, you get the sense that it is only a matter of time before we experience a touch of frost which will leave us chilled to the bone, and in need of something tasty and warm to heat us back up. That’s where our soup range will come in more than handy. Until the cold weather arrives, you can just enjoy our soup for all the tasty, nutritious benefits it offers, available daily, with a wide variety to choose from.
Be sure to take advantage of our Soup & Sandwich offer too, you can get any sandwich wedge and soup from €7.95, that’s lunch sorted!