We have teamed up with Holly to create a delicious 100% Vegan Brownie and the end result it so worth it! Holly trialled many different recipes before in order to come up with the perfect recipe that you can now taste in our stores.
The Vegan Chocolate Brownie is available nation wide in High Street Stores, but if you prefer to give it a try at home, it’s an easy enough recipe (We hope you love it as much as Holly and us!):
- 200g oats - or flour.
- 260g dark soft brown sugar
- 200g raw cacao cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence
- 250 ml of any plant-based milk (soy, nut or oat)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 chia egg - 1 tablespoon of chia seeds soaked in 3 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes.
- 180g coconut oil, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 60g pecans (or you could use flaked almonds or walnuts halves)
1) Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line a 23cm x 23cm baking tin with non-stick baking paper and lightly brush with a tiny bit of melted coconut oil.
2) If using oats, in a food processor blitz the oats for approximately 10 seconds until a fine flour is formed. Add the sugar, baking powder and cacao powder and blend to combine before adding in the wet ingredients and banana.
4) Pour the mixture into the lined tin. Shake the tin to ensure it fills all the spaces, then tap it on the counter a few times to ensure that there are no air bubbles. Scatter the pecans over the top, then shake the tin again and push them down into the batter.
5) Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes. It will still be slightly soft in the middle. Allow to cool in the tin on a wire rack for 15 minutes