Coffee at Home
Coffee at Home Ready, Set, Brew!
We've been serving great coffee in our cafes since 1997, so we know what it takes to make the perfect cup
- in fact, our promise is to serve the best cup of coffee every single time!
With this in mind, coffee lovers can now enjoy the same great taste of Insomnia with our Coffee At Home range.
Our Coffee at Home range is also available to order on Click & Collect. Download the Insomnia Treats app to start ordering!
Our Signature Blend coffee is available in Whole Bean and Roast & Ground.
- Dark Roast
- Strength 4
- Tasting notes: Dark chocolate, roasted nuts with a smooth caramel sweetness.
- Country of Origins: Colombia, Brazil, Sumatra and Vietnam
- 100% Fairtrade
- Weight: 227g
For Insomnia Brewing Instructions, see below.
Explore further with our new Medium Roast coffee sourced from Fairtrade Co-Operatives in Honduras and Papua New Guinea.
Just one sip and you'll be transported.
Available in Whole Bean and Roast & Ground in Insomnia High Street stores.
- 100% Arabica coffee
- Medium Roast
- Strength 3
- Tasting notes: Milk chocolate, marzipan and caramel with a light citrus acidity
- Country of Origins: Honduras and Papua New Guinea
- 100% Fairtrade
See HERE for more info on our Voyager coffee.
What you'll need: French press, Insomnia Roast & Ground, dessert spoon, kettle
- Boil water and preheat your cafetiere with hot water.
- Allow water to cool for approx. 45 seconds.
- Add 1 rounded dessert spoonful of ground coffee per person into your warm pot and then slowly pour in one third of the water.
- Let rest for 30 seconds and then gently stir.
- Add rest of the water and let brew for 4 minutes.
- Press the plunger down slowly
- Pour and enjoy!
What you'll need: Moka Pot, Insomnia Roast and Ground, kettle
- Fill the bottom of the moka pot with fresh cold water upto the safety release valve.
- Fill up the basket with fresh coffee and level the surface, dont press down.
- Insert the full filter basket into the pot and screw the bottom and top parts together.
- Immediatly put the pot on the hob and brew over a medium heat for approximately 5 minutes. (Tip: Remove from the hob once you hear bubbling and crackling noises).
- Pour and Enjoy!
What you'll need: Coffee bean grinder, Insomnia Whole Bean, kettle, filter paper, AeroPress
- Grind 14g of Insomnia Whole Bean coffee at a fine-coarse grind.
- Put the plunger inside the main chamber of the AeroPress.
- Add the ground coffee and pour in 80ml of hot water slowly.
- Stir gently for 10 seconds.
- Place a rinsed filter paper into the cap and attach to the AeroPress. Press out excess air.
- Let rest for 40 seconds, flip the AeroPress and gently press out all of the coffee.
- You should end up with 60ml of extracted coffee. For an Americano, add 240ml of hot water. For a Latte, add some frothed milk.
What you'll need: Chemex, Insomnia Whole Bean, kettle, filter paper
- Grind 30g of Insomnia Whole Bean coffee at a medium-coarse grind.
- Pop a filter in the Chemex, rinse it with warm water and then discard the water.
- Add the ground coffee into the filter.
- Boil the water. For this recipe, you will need a total of 500ml of water, added gradually.
- Gently pour in a small amount of water (60ml) using a circular motion to ensure an even soaking of the coffee grounds. This is the pre-infusion phase (what we call the bloom). Wait approximately 30-40 seconds.
- Slowly pour in the remaining water, keep using a circular motion as you pour. The extraction time should 3 - 3.5 minutes for a perfectly balanced cup.
- Lift the filter with spent ground out of the Chemex and discard.
- Pour and Enjoy!